RX Ant Selector

W1RHS

RX Ant Selector

Postby W1RHS » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:43 am

I connected a second antenna to Ant 2. I can switch between Rx Ant 1 and Rx Ant 2 using the Thetis selector at the bottom of the UI. I can also configure the antennas by band in Setup, Ant/Filters tab. However, UI selector only works when the VFO is in the Ham Bands. When I go out of the Ham Bands the Ant Selector in the UI has no effect. I can change the Rx antenna using the Setup, Ant/Filters screen when out of the Ham Bands by changing the Ham Band antenna closest to the Rx frequency. I use the Anan for SWL so it's an extra step to change RX Antenna when listening outside the Ham Bands. Am I missing something? I am running Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 with P2 fw 2.1.18. Thanks!
Rick, W1RHS
7000DLE MKII
W1RHS

Re: RX Ant Selector

Postby W1RHS » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:18 pm

I opened a BUG on this and received a reply from Richie. Apparently this behavior is functioning as designed. The Antenna Selector in the GUI only works when within the Ham Bands. -Rick

Yes the implementation is to only work with ham bands.

// set RX antenna to new antenna 1-3
// this must also cancel any ext input check boxes
public void SetRXAntenna(int Antenna, Band band)
{
**if ((band >= Band.B160M) && (band <= Band.B6M))*
Rick, W1RHS
7000DLE MKII
PD3LK

Re: RX Ant Selector

Postby PD3LK » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:55 pm

That makes my problem clear too. Spended a "few" hours in vaine on this to get it right :(

Very pitty for users (like me) who use there radio only for listning to utility, mil, and air traffic, and use multiple RX antenna's.

I rather don't use antenna port 1 for RX to protect some expensive active antenna's. (in case of accidental TX)

Richie, is it possible to make this optional? Or bypass this when TX has been disabled?

regards
73 PD3LK Leon

Return to “Thetis”