Thetis and openhpsdr mrx ps and Thetis

f6dro

Thetis and openhpsdr mrx ps and Thetis

Postby f6dro » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:45 am

Hi all ,
question : is it OK to get Thetis and HPSDR both installed on a PC and sometimes run Thetis , sometimes run hpsdr?
Actually I run only HPSDR but there is someting boring : depending how I use it , I need the setup to be different so I need to modify manually every time.
So different software with it's own setup would be better . I suppose it is not possible to run sevral HPSDR as probably the database would be the same whatever instance is used?
Another boring thing , the PTT setup with serial ports is not kept in the database , very often I have to re^program PTT and com but I know there is no longer development on HPSDR.
It is the same with frequency memories , sometimes wiped.
Dom
PD3LK

Re: Thetis and openhpsdr mrx ps and Thetis

Postby PD3LK » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:19 am

Is HPSDR installed under /Program files x86?
Than reinstall it in his own root directory, i.e. C:/HPSDR

This should solve the second issue but not sure if you can use multiple instances ... (moi not using HPSDR anymore)
73 PD3LK Leon
w-u-2-o

Re: Thetis and openhpsdr mrx ps and Thetis

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:49 am

Both openHPSDR mRX PS and Thetis can happily be installed at the same time on the same PC. No special methods are necessary, just use the normal installer for each.

There's no need to run one or the other to enjoy different settings. Both Thetis and openHPSDR (aka "PowerSDR") provide a command line option called -datapath. By creating separate Windows shortcuts and using the datapath command line option you can easily switch between different databases at startup.

See this topic for more information: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4047

Return to “Thetis”