Thetis v2.8.11 - UPDATES and current issues

ea3aqr

Re: Thetis v2.8.11 - UPDATES and current issues

Postby ea3aqr » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:03 pm

ramdor wrote:try increasing max number of spots that can be handled to 1000, may solve it. I'll look into possible work around if it does.

R.

Yes it was the the problem... it was reaching my 100 spots limit and redrawing the whole thing!

Try to set it up to 10 spots max and you will see (today we have lots of spots because of the contest) the redrawing problem every few seconds.

Thanks Richie!
New call sign EA3CL
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 pm

ramdor wrote:where does one set swisslog to send spots via tci Jordi?

R.

I'm running Swisslog in spanish languaje, it will be difficult to guide you...

First of all you have to connect Swisslog to Thetis via TCI in "options", then Press CRTL+T and configure one telnet server.
Then press CRTL+D to open DX messages window. You should see same spots in this screen and Thetis.

Hope it helps!
New call sign EA3CL
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:21 pm

yes, thanks Jordi, I have found a bug related to the clearing of old spots, so will be resolved in rc4. If the limit is hit, then old should be removed, they were not, which was causing the clear/re-render issue.

Thanks, Richie.
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:23 pm

Thanks to you! :D
New call sign EA3CL
dynamicfusion

Postby dynamicfusion » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:39 pm

Great work so far!!! Thanks for your time, you didn't have to pick up this programming gauntlet yet here you are providing great features on what would otherwise be stagnant software. :D
W9BHI

Postby W9BHI » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:45 pm

Richie,
I don't know where to put this so excuse me if it is in the wrong place.
I have pure signal as part of my transmit profile for SSB only.
I have an AM transmit profile also.
If you are on an SSB frequency, pure signal is engaged and I get correcting.
If you change to a frequency that is saved as AM the transmit profile changes to AM and the pure signal disengages.
If you go back to the SSB frequency, the pure signal engages but I get no correcting until I toggle the PSA off then on.
Somehow, switching to the AM mode and back to SSB disables the pure signal even though it shows to be engaged.
After toggling the PSA off and on, I tried changing to an AM profile and back to an SSB profile and the pure signal still was still correcting so it doesn't look like a transmit profile issue.
I also noticed that If you switch the mode to FM and back to SSB you have to toggle the PSA off and on to get pure signal to work again.
Not a big issue but an issue none the less.
Thanks,
Don W9BHI
PS: done the data base reset thing, no difference.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:01 pm

hi Don, yes, there may be an issue with the PS state machine in WDSP, not 100% sure yet though as I have not full investigated. You have the same issue if :

1) tx in SSB with PS-A turned on before you tx, all working ok
2) stop TX'ing
3) then switch PS-A off, then on again
4) go back to TX (without even changing mode)

PS will think it is correcting, but wont be as can be seen by the spectrum. There does not seem to be any change in data from the WDSP.GetPSInfo function in this non-operational state so it seems the PS state machine is idle. You have to toggle PS-A whilst TX'ing. This issue has been there for quite a long time I think.

R.
W9BHI

Postby W9BHI » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:43 pm

Richie,
I see what you mean, I did the four steps you mentioned and I get he same results.
I am not going nuts! :lol:
Thanks for acknowledging this problem, I am sure you will find a fix.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks,
Don W9BHI
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:18 pm

W9BHI wrote:Richie,
I see what you mean, I did the four steps you mentioned and I get he same results.
I am not going nuts! :lol:
Thanks for acknowledging this problem, I am sure you will find a fix.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks,
Don W9BHI

Took some tracking down, but fix found Don, and not related to the WDSP state machine. Wow, been there since before I owned an Anan. Will be in rc4.

Richie.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:24 pm

A bit after the fact but, yes, that problem has been there since forever.
dl1bam

Postby dl1bam » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:06 pm

Richi,
I use Panadapter-Peak-Blobs
Enabled 1
Only inside Filter
Refresh Rates Decimation 1

Everythink OK

When I switch to Decimation 2 the Peak-Blob is no longer in the Filter

I use Hermes, Thetis 21k9(rc3), Win10,64bit

PS:
Will there also be a 32-bit version?
I am currently using 21f_32bit in my mobile rig.

I thank you for your great work

73,Gerd
W1JA

Postby W1JA » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:47 pm

ramdor wrote:Took some tracking down, but fix found Don, and not related to the WDSP state machine. Wow, been there since before I owned an Anan. Will be in rc4.Richie.
Can't wait for rc4! Thanks Richie!
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:51 pm

@Gerd thanks for finding that, fixed now for rc4. I will make an x86 when 21k9 finally gets finished

@don should be out in few hours. Looking at the Jagged scope when fast sample rate. Had a brainwave in the shower, but not sure it will resolve it yet.

Richie.
AG5CK

Postby AG5CK » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:18 pm

ramdor wrote:*** hopefully last before it hits post 1, test release 21k9rc3 (I keep saying that)

NOTE: ISSUE WITH THIS BUILD, Turn off N1MM UDP spectrums if you use that before patching, and hold off using them until fixed in rc4 (argghhh)

Please try :

Download x64 [md5: D5200DE4DDC05B820F1B758FD15BE664] - https://bit.ly/3Hw8bwM

and please keep it civil regarding the changes I decided to include regarding the nightmare in Ukraine. Remember, you do not have to use this modified version.

If you use TCI spots, additional info is now shown as follows :

tciSPOT.png
Cheers, Richie.

[21k9rc3]
add: directX legacy buffer option added
add: Thetis version timeout added (this version times out on 1st June 2022)
change: Use Peak Meter Readings for TX COMP and ALC check box moved into ALC section of DSP tab
change: second wdsp update - (1) minor changes to ease builds for non-Windows platforms, and (2) changes to improve display frequency accuracy for high zoom situations
#Stand up for Ukraine#
If you do not agree with the following changes, then feel free not to use this software. (apologies for any false positives)
From 21k9rc3 onwards :
change: if region is Russia, language installed on PC is Russian, along with a host of other checks, you will be reminded about Ukraine
change: all spot systems will ignore any Russian DX stations, or spotting stations

Hi Richie

I may have found a bug in RC2 and RC3. When MNF and RIT are both on there is a slight delay when using the mouse wheel to adjust RIT. It seems to work fine by clicking the RIT up/down arrows.

EDIT: I resolved this by Changing the SSB/AM Filter type from Low Latency to Linear Phase in DSP > OPTIONS
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:58 pm

@Walter and others

ok I took a look at an old problem, the breakup in the scope, more noticeable when using a very small time window, and it is due to the ringbuffer nature of the way the samples are stored. When it wraps, it will be adding data that could be way different to the next sample in the ring buffer and when drawn will introduce a jump in the trace.

We will need to wait for a buffer fill when using small time windows to 'hide' this. It can essentially be ignored on larger time windows, otherwise there would be a noticeable delay in filling that buffer and displaying it, even though the breakup would be there after a full cycle of the ring buffer. I will look at this again sometime in the future.

R.
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:00 pm

As a Forum's Moderator I need to step in and put a stop to the path this Topic is going down.

This Topic is strictly for Thetis V 2.8.11 and updates and any issues. We are Beta testers for this version.
Gary NC3Z
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:42 pm

Gary and I both recognize the difficult issues associated with certain aspects of the current beta release status, they have been clear for several days now.

Richie has made it quite clear that his resolve is firm on this. A 120-zillion page thread like what happened on qrz.com (and has since been deleted!), is just not productive, and it certainly won't put anyone in a good frame of mind regarding any aspect of life, hobbies, programming, or beta testing.

I have deleted the recent posts. I did this not because they were in anyway disrespectful or disruptive. Quite the contrary. Not only has everyone been relatively understanding, people have also been unfailingly polite, and actually quite reserved. In an effort to keep it that way, and to avoid beating a dead horse, and that horse is dead, make no mistake, until it is one molecule thick, we are going to maintain that stance, i.e. limit discussion to that associated with fixing bugs as opposed to that associated with design intent.

This beta cycle is coming to closure very fast. The source will soon be up on Github. At that point anyone can take the code and do whatever they wish with it in accordance with the GNU General Public License that this software and derivative works are developed under, just like Richie is doing (thank you Richie!) See the source code for the current release for more information.

So let's please all work to get to that point as smoothly and quickly as possible. Everyone has been super good in supporting Richie. Truly you are all a dedicated and tireless team of beta testers and all of us are better for that as well.

Thank you.

Scott
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:32 pm

**** updated test release 21k9rc4b

UPDATED TO rc4b

This release includes two new buttons, so new skins will need to be made for them. I have included a download to my makeshift IK3VIG versions. They are special, in that they use a transparency around the edges to allow the background colour of the new info bar to show through.

Note, this version has an increased 10ms delay when a vac is shut down. It is there to protect against a possible crash when using certain ASIO drivers. It is still being investigated.

Release candidate 4b, please try:

Download x64 [md5: 4BB9935A0E825C3FFB3FB984203A6ADB] - https://bit.ly/3pHcPls
IK3VIG buttons for the new infoBar - https://bit.ly/3tyUubx

Cheers, Richie.

[Changes specific to 21k9rc4b]
fix: PS client state machine prevented from turning off autoCal when it needs to stay on. Fixes issue with PS not calibrating when PS-A button is cycled outside TX
fix: with decimation > 1 peak blobs are now shown in filters
add: ZZZM cat command returns current hardware model string
add: ZZZV cat command returns version detail string
add: RBW (Resolution BandWidth) is shown on page2 of the new infoBar. Click the bar to cycle pages. Hover over rx2 is supported (more info to come over time)
add: logs for TCPIPcat and TCI
add: small coloured grid will show below VAC1/VAC2 buttons if there are any overflows/underruns, option in Audio-Options to make persistent (click to clear in this persistent mode)
add: dB tooltips now show on EQ and CFC sliders
add: option to use outlined cross cursor in options-2 page. To get around systems that have issues with single colour cursors that use XOR over DirectX targets
change: re-work and new implementation of info bar below display. Also includes PS feedback level.
change: adding a notch with +MNF will add it in the middle of the sideband instead of at 0beat. If filter is symmetrical, it will be inserted in middle of the hf side. CTRL right click still adds at cursor
-change: data from Russian spotters has returned (not Russian spots)
-change: legacy buffer option removed
Last edited by ramdor on Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
dynamicfusion

Postby dynamicfusion » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:18 pm

Bravo! Could you make a legend of how the new VAC buffer iconography works? I noticed when I click on it on the GUI, it disappears, will it show up again if a over/under flow occurs? Greatly appreciated and a awesome job.
oe3ide

Postby oe3ide » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:18 pm

Here the additional buttons + panel png's (extract it into skins\<skinname>\console):

OE3IDE-StarTrek-RC4.zip
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

OE3IDE-SilverShadow-RC4.zip
(27.86 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

OE3IDE-Yaesu-RC4.zip
(25.04 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

OE3IDE-Matrix-RC4.zip
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

73 Ernst
Last edited by oe3ide on Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:24 pm

Thanks a lot Richie!
New call sign EA3CL
W9BHI

Postby W9BHI » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:27 pm

Richie,
All is working FB now.
PS working correctly.
Thanks for all you do.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:29 pm

gridOverflowUnderflow.png
gridOverflowUnderflow.png (9.48 KiB) Viewed 7337 times

also for those that want it to hang around...
gridOverflowUnderflowOption.png
gridOverflowUnderflowOption.png (7.2 KiB) Viewed 7337 times

and yes, it will re-appear if another under/over occurs.

R.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:32 pm

oe3ide wrote:Here the additional buttons + panel png's (extract it into skins\<skinname>\console):
73 Ernst

nice one Ernst, cheers !
W9BHI

Postby W9BHI » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:35 pm

OOPS! I spoke too soon.
The Blobs button works but the Peak button does not.
The Blobs button checks the enabled box in the display page but the Peak button does not check the peak hold box.
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:42 pm

Richie,

Very slow and weird movement when draging setup menu arround the screen!

Anyone could try it, please?
New call sign EA3CL
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 pm

W9BHI wrote:OOPS! I spoke too soon.
The Blobs button works but the Peak button does not.
The Blobs button checks the enabled box in the display page but the Peak button does not check the peak hold box.

it is active peak, hover over the button to find out, it is not blobs peak hold
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:48 pm

ea3aqr wrote:Richie,

this is a problem that exists in a window that has ~1000 controls as far as I know. I have not really investigated it, but if you move through all the tabs (especially the keyboard tab) then it becomes 'gloopy'. It has been there for ages, and may require some changes to the setup form design.

Richie.
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:54 pm

ramdor wrote:
ea3aqr wrote:Richie,

this is a problem that exists in a window that has ~1000 controls as far as I know. I have not really investigated it, but if you move through all the tabs (especially the keyboard tab) then it becomes 'gloopy'. It has been there for ages, and may require some changes to the setup form design.

Richie.

First time I had this problem...

looks like it moves in slow motion. Setup screen is moving for a few seconds after I release my mouse.

Tomorrow I will make a short video, now it is to late!

EDIT: Restarted Thetis and problem now is gone, but reapears after viewing a few setup tabs
Last edited by ea3aqr on Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
New call sign EA3CL
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:57 pm

yep, like i said, restart it, move the setup window and should be fine, then open keyboard, oc control tabs, and a bunch of others and things will be 'gloopy' when you drag setup. It is not that simple to solve without a lot of work due to the way settings are store/saved. I am not sure how bad it becomes on machines with lower performance, but it has been there since day 1 (for me at least).

Richie.

Return to “Thetis”